ASSISTANT PROFESSOR in Marketing for a 5-year period
The Department of Marketing in Vaasa
at Hanken School of Economics
invites applications for:
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR in Marketing
for a 5-year period
(starting August 1st , 2017)
As an Assistant Professor (Swedish forskardoktor) you will teach, conduct independent research in marketing discipline, and carry out certain administrative duties. The annual working time of teaching and research staff within the department is 1624 hours. You will find more information about the Department of Marketing at https://www.hanken.fi/en/about-hanken/organisation/departments-and-subjects/department-marketing.
The location of the position is in Vaasa, Western Finland, and you are expected to spend a minimum three days a week there in order to actively contribute to the research and teaching environment.
As Assistant Professor you will be responsible for:
- Conducting research that meets high international levels, publishing your research in high-quality scholarly outlets and communicating the results of your work to the business community and society at large.
- Contributing to the research efforts and the development of new research capabilities of the department.
- Contributing to the competence development of students by providing research-based teaching and supervision.
- Contributing to the development of the teaching capabilities of the department.
- Contributing to the administration of the department and the business school.
As eligibility criteria, applicants are required to have a PhD degree completed in marketing or related subject/major awarded less than five years ago. The applicant is also required to have fluent command of English.
Beyond these eligibility criteria/requirements, factors considered as merits for the applicant are evidence of teaching responsibilities on varied courses in marketing; evidence of good teaching skills; and a track record of research publications as well as an evident plan for producing high-quality research and publications in marketing subject in future. Pinpointing the fit of the research/publication track record and teaching experience with the subject of the position (marketing) is at the responsibility of the applicant, in the application documents (see below). In support of Hanken’s internationalization strategy, we particularly invite international applicants to apply for the position. Swedish language skills are considered a merit.
The most competent applicants will be invited for a presentation and interview with the Department Council. These will take place physically, or through videoconferencing facilities.
Annual salary for the Assistant Professorship is about 46.543 € - 59.248 € depending upon qualifications and individual performance.
An application letter, including the following attachments:
- Publication list
- Selected 5 recent publications
- Teaching portfolio
- Research statement/plans: Description of recent and on-going research projects (incl. funding obtained for these)
should be submitted via the form below by 10.2.2017. All the above attachments are mandatory, for the applicant to be considered for the position. In addition, other relevant documents (e.g., certificates, recommendations) may be submitted with the application.
Työnantaja tai ilmoittajaHanken Svenska handelshögskolan
Tiedusteluihin vastaaPeter Björk
Työpaikan sijaintiBiblioteksgatan 16VasaSuomi